Sunday, December 2, 2007

You've Got Mail


Though email is supposed to make us more efficient, in reality it tends to consume a significant part of an already to-do-list-packed day. Like Frankenstein's monster, what once seemed to be a good idea has now turned on us. So how do you tame this monster?

Take a look at this article from Harvard Business School. I especially like the suggestion about summarizing the content of your message in the subject line.

Though I am not an executive who can create email rules for my workplace, I am able to apply these ideas to how I handle both work and personal email. The result: not only will I handle email better, but I will become a better communicator - and communication is a critical skill for both leaders and followers.

IDEA LEADER: How can you use email to make yourself a better communicator?

No comments: